1. Reduces blood pressureWatermelon is a good source of potassium and enhances blood flow. The flesh and rind have L-citrulline, an amino acid that helps to regulate blood pressure.
2. Aids digestion and weight lossIt is rich in fibre and low in calories, making it a perfect snack for weight loss. Its high fibre content helps one feel fuller for longer and helps in improving metabolism.
3. Helps in skin revivalThe rind is also rich in antioxidants like lycopene and other flavonoids. This helps minimise wrinkles and blemishes on the skin, and boost collagen production.
4. Boosts immunityA single cup of rind juice contains more than 30 percent of one’s required daily Vitamin C intake, which is essential for the immune system.
5. Anti-inflammatory propertiesLycopene, an antioxidant found in watermelon rind helps reduce inflammation. Consuming the rind can help relieve skin inflammation and arthritis pain.
6. Promote sexual healthThe rind is rich in the amino acid citrulline, which has libido-boosting properties.